Infographic text included for screen readers:
9 Core Components of the Modern Network: A Guide to Distribution and Manufacturing Network Modernization
- Secure wireless/LAN/WAN: Create resilient, reliable connectivity — from site surveys to RF network designs to implementation and network redundancies.
- Cabling: Ensure infrastructure efficiency with cabling services from survey and design to installation and remediation of all cable types.
- SD-WAN: Improve remote user experiences for SaaS applications with SD-WAN and Direct Internet Access (DIA) for dedicated bandwidth.
- Routers/switch modernization: Modernize wireless hardware for improved range, stronger signal and better overall performance, plus infrastructure unification and management efficiency.
- Network segmentation: Use custom segmentation strategies like Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN) and IP segmentation to bolster access control and reduce the risk of cyberattack.
- Perimeter security: Maintain access control and data protection for workers in the facility and in the field with advanced security solutions.
- Power backup systems: Empower business continuity with power backup systems that keep networks up and running even in emergency circumstances.
- Physical security: Secure your physical location with connected video and physical access control systems to monitor personnel activity.
- Cell amplification and private LTE: Provide cost-effective indoor/outdoor RF Networks with small cell technology and provide high-powered coverage for large areas with Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) using Private LTE.
Insight has an expert team of network modernization professionals who specialize in transforming networks for distribution and manufacturing sector clients. This group is seasoned in architecting, designing, and implementing reliable and robust networks needed to support critical functions in product supply chains and meeting the need for secure transport services at regional facilities.
Network modernization benefits
- Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled networks
- Reliable wired and wireless networks
- Increased production uptime
- Increased bandwidth
- Reliable wireless connectivity with increased coverage
- Less network congestion
- More secure network
- Network automation
- Seamless integration with other technologies and systems
- Holistic and requirements-driven approach to security
Our expertise results from successful transformations of networks supporting critical business services at more than 1,000 distribution and manufacturing sites throughout North America.
Fit-for-purpose physical designs
Our physical designs address a holistic set of network requirements for each location:
- Final wireless design and AP placement
- Detailed network closet design
- Networking Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Cabling BOM
- Detailed implementation instructions per closet
Knowledge of local conditions on a national scale
Our teams are able to leverage experience of challenges faced in transforming facility network infrastructure across all 50 states and Canada, including:
- Weather/extreme weather
- Transport routes
- Local policy/legislation
Knowledge of manufacturing and distribution sectors
Our expertise includes mapping common types of business systems, processes and practices to the network infrastructure required to support them.
Proven state-of-the-art methodology
Our methodologies involve standardized, proven processes, with a high degree of flexibility to customize design and delivery to best meet the individual needs of each client.
Leveraging tailored templates
These templates use proven methodology and are adapted to meet client needs.
- Survey templates
- Design templates
Targeted surveys and assessments
Surveys and assessments are focused on current and future needs of the client and facility:
- Predictive wireless design
- Wireless surveys and remediation recommendations
- Wireless design validation (on-site)
- AP placement
- Cable pathways and lengths
- Current infrastructure
- Closet surveys
- Cabinets (size/depth) network devices
- Copper matrix and fiber identification
- Electrical, AC/heat, lighting
- Backup power
Dedicated and highly experienced implementation team for network modernization
Our traveling teams are familiar with adjacent systems such as:
- Automated picking devices
- IoT devices
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE)
- Automated Motorized Vehicles (AMVs)
- Automated packaging systems
- Low voltage cabling
- Physical security installation
Team members are experienced, trained and certified in multiple manufacturing technologies, including:
- Juniper Networks
- Palo Alto